Dr Bharti Kashyap
Husband’s Name :
Dr. Birendra Prasad Kashyap Founder Director Kashyap Memorial Eye Hospital, Ranchi
Father’s Name :
Late Dr. Prof. V. S. Gupta (Prof & HOD of Ophthalmology, DMCH Darbhanga, Bihar)
Grand Father’s Name :
Late Dr. Prof. T. B. Gupta (Prof & HOD of Ophthalmology, DMCH Darbhanga, Bihar) then Health Director, Bihar
Cervical cancer and Anemia Prevention campaign
She has also been waging a war against ailments in the reproductive health of women, organizing cervical cancer and anemia screening camps, providing free treatment to women suffering from pre cancer.IMPACT: Hundreds of women have got a new lease of life
Eye Donation Campaign
As founder managing trustee of First Active Eye Bank of Jharkand, she has been organizing Run for Vision every year since 2005 encouraging eye donation.IMPACT: Till date Eye Bank has received 434 corneas and grafted 374 corneas, free of cost.
Vision for Rural Jharkhand
Thousands of adults from difficult terrains of Jharkhand were brought to base hospital where she provided them best quality treatment
VISION FOR YOUNG JHARKHAND
Till date, she has completed eye screening of 17 lakhs government school children. Thousands of children were given free spectacles while cataract suffering children were given quality surgical treatment.She is working with National Rural Health Mission for Cataract Removal Project of government school children of entire Jharkhand.
IMPACT: Thousands of schools dropouts are now back in school.
Born 15th May, 1967, Dr.Bharti Kashyap, MBBS, M.S. in Ophthalmology, Fellow in Cornea from LVPEI has been fighting blindness in rural Jharkhand since past 25 years. She has dedicated her life for well being of women and children of Jharkhand.
Conferred Nari Shakti Puraskar 2017 by Honb’le President of India for women empowerment by Ministry of women and Child Welfare, Govt. of India, on March 8, 2018;
Conferred Doctor of the Year Award, 2017 and Med Achiever Award 2014 by Indian Medical Association, New Delhi, for contribution to society and medical profession.
USA based Service Beyond Borders has acknowledged her extraordinary contribution in the field of women empowerment in Jharkhand for 2015,2016,2017 & 2018. As a result of her efforts, lakhs of women are able to get early diagnosis and treatment of gynecological problems like genital infections , cervical pre cancer and other genital problems.
Dr.Kashyap got the most honoured invite by Hon’ble Narendra Modi for Chai pe Charcha, on International Womens Day 2014. She was one amongst six women to be invited from all over the country. She again got the honored invite from Honb’le prime minister on 9th March 2018 after being conferred Nari Shakti Puraskar.
For service to humanity, Dr. Kashyap has been conferred with many state level awards by Hon’ble Governors and Chief Ministers of Jharkhand.
Founder of NABH accredited tertiary care eye hospital in backward state of Jharkhand
Providing worlds latest technological facilities to people of Jharkhand, and organising free eye camps for children, the underprivileged and elderly in Jharkhand .
Eye Donation awareness campaigns
The credit of first post humus eye donation of Bihar and Jharkhand in 1995 happened due to her relentless eye donation awareness activities. She has to her credit the first cornea transplant in the then unified Bihar in 1995.
Her resolute efforts through Kashyap Memorial Eye Bank, accorded NABH accreditation for 4th time in succession, is first active eye bank of Bihar and Jharkhand, which helped break the taboo of organ donation, by encouraging people and families to come forward to pledge their eyes and donate the eyes of deceased family members . Organized RUN FOR VISION for 14 consecutive years and unique Blind Folded Marathon in 2018 to raise eye donation awareness.
Fighting blindness in rural Jharkhand
Through free eye screening and refraction, eye surgery camps and providing free spectacles to more than 20 Lakhs children enrolled in Government run schools, between 2007 and 2018, enabled thousands of children in rural Jharkhand, to go back to school. Most of these children, were earlier, forced to drop out from schools due to undetected and untreated refractive errors, cataracts, squints etc. Her beneficiaries also include victims of child trafficking, spastic children, diabetics, old age home residents, spastics, newspaper hawkers , daily wages workers, railway station porters, primitive tribes and people residing in the more difficult terrains of Jharkhand.
War against cervical cancer
As chair person, Indian Medical Association, Women doctors Wing, Jharkhand Chapter since 2014, Dr.Bharti Kashyap has also been waging a war against cervical cancer, the most common cause of death due to cancer in women of India by holding cervical cancer screening camps in tribal and primitive tribal areas of Jharkhand educating women on nutrition, genital hygiene, multiple pregnancies and evils of pushing their girl child into early marriages. Lauding her efforts Honourable Governor and Health Minister of Jharkhand, equipped six Sadar Hospitals of primitive tribal areas of Santhal Pargana and Palamau with cervical cancer detection and treatment machines.
Creating trained manpower in vision testing and early detection of Cervical Cancer in women
1.To lend teeth to her fight against blindness, she has trained thousands of school teachers working in government schools all over the stare, in vision testing detecting Vitamin A deficiency, Cataracts, eye infections, squints, lazy eyes .
Since 2004, she has been training B.Sc Optometry students through various Paramedical Courses affiliated to IGNOU, FOREC, B.Sc Internship Training program and State level Councils , thereby creating a pool of trained manpower for Jharkhand to reach the goal of eliminating avoidable blindness by 2020.
2.Pioneered training programmes for doctors working in state run hospitals of Jharkhand, on cervical screening through VIA Screening methodology and colposcopy guided CRYO treatment for cervical pre cancer in women by trained onco-gyanecologist from USA, Delhi and Kolkata.
3.In the field of ophthalmology, she has the maximum number of international presentations to her credit from Jharkhand. She has presented many scientific papers at the conferences of American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery in Los Angeles, Washington DC, Chicago and at European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery conferences in Barcelona, Lisbon, Copenhagen, Asia Pacific Conference at Bali, Taipei.
Doctor of the Year Award 2017 by the National IMA for her exemplary contribution in community service and visionary leadership Dr bharti kashyap Eye Doctor
- Dr. Bharti Kashyap was one of the 6 women invited by Hon’ble Narendra Modi in Chai pe Charcha, organized to focus on women empowerment on international women’s day 2014
- Founder Managing trustee of Kashyap Memorial Eye Bank, established in 1996, it is the first eye bank in the then unified Bihar Jharkhand which did cornea transplant in poor corneal blind people of Jharkhand from local post humous eye donation.
- Organizing Run for Vision each year since 2005, to promote eye donation. As on date, 3,00,523 men and women have pledged their eyes with 434 eye donations and 374 corneal transplants till date, in the highly superstitious and illusory Jharkhand
- Founder director of NABH’s highest quality accredited tertiary care eye hospital, Kashyap Memorial Eye Hospital for people of Jharkhand
- The hospital has got NABH Accreditation for three consecutive terms since Feb -2009
- Has brought world’s latest innovation in cataract surgery that is femto laser assisted cataract surgery, the first and only one in Bihar Jharkhand
- Has brought World’s latest Femto Laser bladeless Lasik surgery, provided spectacle free vision to the needy youth and crafted their future
- Has maximum number of international presentations to her credit in the field of Ophthalmology from State of Jharkhand.
- She has helped in the start ups of Optometry students through BSC Hons. Optometry Internship course and Ophthalmic Assistant course affiliated to Jharkhand Paramedical Council.
- Secretary, Women Ophthalmologist Society, Jharkhand
- Chairperson Women Doctors Wing IMA Jharkhand
1. Leadership award by women ophthalmologist society of India 23 December in Hyderabad.
2. Conferred Nari Shakti Puraskar 2017 by Honorable president of India for women empowerment by Ministry of Women and Child Welfare, Govt. Of India, on International Womens Day, March 8,2018.
3. Best Community Ophthalmology Award in the 2nd Annual Conference of Women Ophthalmologists Society of India, December 2017.
4. Doctor of the Year Award by the National Indian Medical Association for exemplary contribution in community services, international scientific presentations, excellent academics and visionary societal leadership in 2017.
5.Association of Community Ophthalmologist of India Award for the most successful implementation of Indian National Programme for Control of Blindness in 2015.
6.ACOIN National Award by Honourable Governor of Uttar Pradesh Shri. Ram Naik for Promoting Young Ophthalmologist March 22, 2015.
7. Med Achiever National Award for excellent community services by Union Health Minister Dr. Harshvardhan in a function organized by National IMA at New Delhi on Doctors Day 1st July 2014.
8. Leadership development Award by All India Ophthalmic Society in 2008.
9. Award from All India Milli Council by Governor of Jharkhand for Excellent Base Hospital Phaco cataract Surgery Eye Camp 2007.
1. Nomination for British Excellence award to be presented by Honorable ambassador of India to Austria H.E. Ms Renu Pall on 24th September 2018 in Vienna, Austria for honorable efforts in the area of blindness in children and underprivileged sections of society in tribal and primitive tribal areas of Jharkhand.
2. Certificate of Recognition from Service Beyond Borders, Michigan, USA for extraordinary contribution in Cervical Cancer Eradication and Anemia Prevention campaign for primitive tribal and under previledged women of Rajmahal, Sahebganj and Santhal Pargana, Jharkhand, organized in January 2018.
3. Recognition Award by American Society of Cataract and Refractive surgery foundation for humanitarian eye care in the area of cataract blindness in backward tribal state of Jharkhand, India, December 2017.
4. Certificate of Recognition from Service Beyond Borders, Michigan, USA for extraordinary contribution in Cervical Cancer Eradication and Anemia Prevention campaign for primitive tribal and under previledged women of Bishrampur, Palamau, Jharkhand, organised in January 2017.
5. Certificate of Recognition from Service Beyond Borders, Michigan, USA for extraordinary contribution in Cervical Cancer Eradication and Anemia Prevention campaign for primitive tribal and under previledged women of Bishrampur, Palamau, Jharkhand, organised in January 2016 .
6. Certificate of Recognition from Service Beyond Borders, Michigan, USA for extraordinary contribution in Cervical Cancer Eradication and Anemia Prevention campaign for primitive tribal and under previledged women in blocks of Ranchi district, Jharkhand, organised in January 2015.
STATE LEVEL AWARDS
1. Certificates of recognition from Health Department Govt. of Jharkhand for Vision 2020 campaign and cervical cancer eradication campaign.
2. Felicitation by Nobel Laureate for exemplary contribution to Vision for Young Jharkhand- 2017
3. Start up India Award by Governor of Jharkhand – 2016
4. Awards from Chief Minister and Health Minister of Jharkhand for exemplary work in cervical cancer and anemia prevention campaign – 2016
5. Award from Chief Minister of Jharkhand, for exemplary social work organised by IPS Wives Association- 2016
6. Award by JSPCB – 2014
7. Women Achiever Award by Governor of Jharkhand – 2014
8. Award by Governor of Jharkhand, for founding first NABH accredited eye hospital in north, eastern and western India – 2014.
9. Award by Governor of Jharkhand for eye donation campaign in Jharkhand – 2014.
10. Best Doctor Award by Chief Minister – 2012.
11. Pratibha Samman Award by Governor of Jharkhand- 2012
12. Award for Best CSR activities from Chief Minister of Jharkhand- 2012
13. Award of excellence in initiating and strengthening eye donation by Minister of Tourism of India in 2012
14. Jharkhand Ratna Award – 2010
15. Successful Women Entrepreneurship Award -2009
16. IMA Award – 2009
17. Award for Phaco Cataract Surgery Camp -2006
18. Award for Eye Donation Awareness Campaign by Governor of Jharkhand- 2005
19. D.K. Bose Gold Medal by Chief Minister- 2002
20. Dukhan Ram Oration Award by Governor at Bihar Ophthalmological Society-1996
CONTRIBUTION TO THE SOCIETY
Vision for Rural Jharkhand
Completed eye screening of 20 lakh poor Govt. school children, distributed free spectacles, and operated cataract suffering children at NABH accredited Kashyap Memorial Eye Hospital, Ranchi.
IMPACT- Thousands of poor school drop outs, are now back in schools.
1. Eye Donation Awareness
As Medical Director of Kashyap Memorial Eye Bank, organizing Run for Vision every year since 2005, encouraging people and families to pledge their eyes. Organized first ever blind folded marathon of Bihar and Jharkhand.
First post humus eye donation of Bihar and Jharkhand in 1995 happened due to her relentless eye donation awareness activities. She has to her credit the first free cornea transplant of the then unified Bihar and Jharkhand in 1995. Eye bank is the most active eye bank of Bihar and Jharkhand
2. Diabetic Retinopathy Awareness
Actively involved in diabetic retinopathy awareness campaigns in rural Jharkhand,
IMPACT- Free laser and anti VEGF injection treatment to needy, has helped improve their quality of life.
3. War against Cervical cancer.
Organizing cervical cancer and anemia screening and prevention camps, providing free treatment to women suffering from pre cancer, organizing training for women doctors of state run hospitals.
1. Thousands of women cured of genital infections and cervical pre cancer.
2. Strengthening of Govt. Hospitals.
Due to her efforts Honb’le Governor and Health Minister of Jharkhand equipped six Sadar Hospitals in primitive tribal areas of Santhal Pargana and Palamu with cervical cancer detection and treatment machines.
CONTRIBUTION TO THE FIELD OF OPHTHALMOLOGY
- Brought latest diagnostic and surgical innovations in the field of Ophthalmology.
- Pioneered use of world’s latest innovation in cataract surgery, femto laser assisted cataract surgery.
- Using World’s latest Femto Laser bladeless Lasik surgery, provided spectacle free vision to the needy youth and crafted their future.
- Brought latest Retina Surgery technique of NGENUITY 3D visualization system to Jharkhand
- Chief instructor in Technical Skill Transfer Courses 2017 and 2018 in All India Ophthalmological Society conferences.
PAPER PRESENTATION AT INTERNATIONAL LEVEL
Has maximum number of international presentations to her credit in the field of Ophthalmology from State of Jharkhand.
• American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery – Washington DC 2018 and Los Angeles, California 2017
European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons – Vienna -2018, Lisbon 2017 , Copenhagen -2016, Barcelona, 2015
•American Academy of Ophthalmology-Chicago, IL – 2016
•Asia Pacific Association of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons – Bali and Taipei 2016
•Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO), USA- 2013 and 2012
Has organized workshops on :
• Workshop on Cornea on 11-08-2018
• Workshop on Allergy and Migraine on 23-06-2018 and 23-03-2018
• Workshop on OT Design and Protocol 04-02-2018
• Workshop on Tips and Tricks in Phaco 24-12-2017
• Live surgery Workshop on Femto Laser Surgery 2016
• Laser Workshop on Retinopathy of Prematurity Workshop 2016 and 2010
• Workshop of Vitreo Retinal surgery -2016 and 2013
• Live surgery workshop on Phaco & Glaucoma– 2012
• Glaucoma Workshop 2007
PAPER PRESENTATION INTERNATIONAL LEVEL
American Academy of Ophthalmology – New Orleans – 2017 European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons – Lisbon 2017 American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery – Los Angeles, Califonia 2017 European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons – Copenhagen -2016
American Academy of Ophthalmology-Chicago, IL – 2016
Asia Pacific Association of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons – Bali, 2016 31st Asia-Pacific Academy of Ophthalmology Congress, Taipei – 2016
European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons -Barcelona, 2015
Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO), USA- 2013
Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO), USA- 2012
HAS ORGANIZED MANY SURGICAL AND ACADEMIC WORK SHOPS
Live Bladeless Femto Laser Cataract Surgery and Femto Laser Lasik Surgery 2016
- Workshop on Advanced Retinal Imaging – 2016.
- Annual Conference of Vitreo Retinal Society of Jharkhand -2016.
- Annual Conference of Vitreo Retinal Society of Jharkhand -2013.
- Phaco & Glaucoma live surgery workshop – 2012
- Investigative Ophthalmology workshop 2010
- Retinopathy of prematurity workshop 2010, 2016
- Glaucoma Workshop in world Glaucoma week 2007
- Topical Phaco Cataract Surgery Work shop- 2004, 2006, 2008
- Cataract Surgery Workshop in Jeevan Rekha Express – 1991
POSTS IN DIFFERENT ORGANIZATIONS
Founder Secretary – Women Ophthalmological Society, Jharkhand Chapter – 2015 onwards
- Chairperson – IMA, Women Doctor’s Wing Jharkhand – 2015 onwards.
- Secretary – Women Ophthalmological Society, Jharkhand Chapter – 2015 onwards.
- Member of Asian Society of quality and health care (ASQUA)
- Joint Secretary cum Spokesperson IMA Ranchi – 2013–15
- Chairperson – Health Sub Committee FJCCI – 2012